Made quite a few mistakes in my first year of vegetable planting
- Tomatoes should be planted separately. The tomato plants have completely taken over my vegetable bed at this point. Use Better Boy tomatos.
- Trim tomato plants regularly. This is another reason why tomato plants have completely taken over my vegetable beds.
- Eggplants, Okra, Peppers need to go in one bed, while all of the leafy vegetables need to go in another bed. Okra needs to go behind in a bed since okra plants seem to grow really tall.
- Need to plant purple kale. Seems to grow really well in our weather here.
- Plant some sunflowers and other flowers in the bed pockets, they seem to attract lots of bees.